Due to the COVID-19 virus, we have made a few changes in order to maintain the safety of our guests. We are utilizing enhanced cleaning standards, as recommended by the CDC, throughout the property including guest rooms, common areas, laundry facilities and kitchen.
Cleaning of high-touch points in common areas (door knobs, light switches, hand rails and counters) will occur at regular intervals through the day. Social distancing will be maintained through distancing of rooms and limited reservations. Only 2 rooms will be rented at a time. A space for eating take out will be provided inside or out. We are temporarily suspending daily room servicing and will not enter guest rooms. All rooms are being left vacant for a minimum of 48 hours between check-ins. Please feel free to call us if there are any questions or concerns not addressed here.
You may be asked questions about you health and travel history before making a reservation and again before arrival
Please review the Inn policies. Submitting a reservation implies that you agree to all policies listed. If you have specific questions, please contact us directly before completing your reservation.
Please advise us of any special needs or allergies either to food or environment. Older children are at the discretion of the owner. Only one child, 10 or older can be accommodated in the Mediterranean room. Children under 10 cannot be accommodated.
- All rooms are based on double occupancy and cannot accommodate more than two (2) adults. The Mediterranean room has a pull out bed for a child over 10. Older children must have a separate bedroom. For a child in the room with parents there is a $35 additional charge.
- Displayed room rates do not include a required VA state tax or local occupancy tax which adds an additional 11%.
- Payment methods accepted: online via credit card (Master Card, Visa or Discover card), or direct payment at check-in using cash, or listed credit card.
- Reservations not made online are secured by credit card with full payment in advance. A confirmation will be sent to you as soon as possible after processing payment.
- Check-in is after 4:00 pm. If you anticipate late arrival, please contact us and keep us updated on your status. Early arrival before 3:00 pm incurs a $45.00 service fee.
- Check-out is 11:00 am. Late check-out is not available, but we can store your luggage if you wish to stay longer in town.
- Alyssa House Bed and Breakfast is smoke-free. Smoking is not permitted inside the house or on the porch. This includes electronic cigarettes. There is a designated area in the backyard with a picnic table for those that must smoke. We reserve the right to charge a $250 cleaning fee for those that do smoke inside the inn or guest rooms.
- For a full refund minus a $25.00 service fee, two weeks’ notice (30 days for special events and holidays) for cancellation is necessary. Reservations cancelled under the 14 day (30 day for special events or holidays) time-frame will be charged in full. Special events or extended stays require full nonrefundable payment at time of reservations.
- Alyssa House does not issue refunds for “no show” guests or those who depart early, cancel less than 14 days before arrival, or for special event/holiday reservations. Reservations with a minimum stay requirement that are reduced to fewer nights will be charged the full amount of the required stay. If you have any questions regarding our cancellation policy, please ask.
- We are unable to accommodate pets. There is a house cat that does not enter the guest areas, but if you have a severe cat allergy you may want to consider alternative lodging.