We wish to make your Cape Charles getaway experience a memorable and enjoyable one.
Please review the Inn policies. Submitting a reservation implies that you agree to all policies listed. If you have specific questions, please contact us directly before completing your reservation.
Please advise us of any special needs or allergies either to food or environment. Daily housekeeping is included in the room rate. Children are at the discretion of the owner. Only one child, 5 and older can be accommodated in the Europa room. Children under 5 cannot be accommodated.
- All rooms are based on double occupancy and cannot accommodate more than two (2) adults. The Europa room has a pull out bed for a child 5-10. Older children must have a separate bedroom. For a child in the room with parents there is a $10 additional charge.
- Displayed room rates do not include a required VA state tax or local occupancy tax which adds an additional 11%.
- Payment methods accepted: online via credit card (Master Card, Visa or Discover card), or direct payment at check-in using cash, or listed credit card.
- Reservations not made online are secured by credit card with 50% down, and remainder to be paid at time of check-in. A confirmation will be sent to you as soon as possible after processing payment.
- Check-in is after 4:00 pm. If you anticipate late arrival, please contact us and keep us updated on your status.
- Check-out is 11:00 am. Late check-out is not available, but we can store your luggage if you wish to stay longer in town.
- Alyssa House Bed and Breakfast is smoke-free. Smoking is not permitted inside the house or on the porch. This includes electronic cigarettes. There is a designated area in the backyard with a picnic table for those that must smoke. We reserve the right to charge a $250 cleaning fee for those that do smoke inside the inn or guestrooms.
- For a full refund, two weeks’ notice (30 days for special events and holidays) for cancellation is necessary. Reservations cancelled under the 14 day (30 day for special events or holidays) time-frame will be charged in full. Special events or extended stays require full nonrefundable payment at time of reservations.
- Alyssa House does not issue refunds for “no show” guests or those who depart early, cancel less than 14 days before arrival, or for special event/holiday reservations. Reservations with a minimum stay requirement that are reduced to fewer nights will be charged the full amount of the required stay. If you have any questions regarding our cancellation policy, please ask.
- We are unable to accommodate pets. There is a house cat that does not enter the guest areas, but if you have a severe cat allergy you may want to consider alternative lodging.